Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Chelsea FC, The Team Everyones Loves To Hate

There is only one that interests me in the English Premier League, and that is Chelsea. I enjoy the teams mentality and philosophy of never giving up. Even when it seems impossible, and unimaginable, the team has risen to the occassion made me proud.

A lot of people all over the world love to hate Chelsea. Is it because of Roman Abramovich? Or is it its gem collection of star players?

Tribute to the past and present Chelsea FC staff and players. The pre-Roman era will of course include Rudd Gullit, Gianluca Viali & Claudio Ranieri as some that made a mark. The Roman era began with Ranieri, the came the charismatic 'Special One' Jose Mourinho. Oh, then came the colourless Avram Grant. Right now, the mantle is with 'Big Phil', Luiz Felipe Scolari.

Am betting on Chelsea being serious contenders, if not winners of the Carling Cup, the FA Cup, the Barclays Premiership and the elusive UEFA Champions League.

Mark my words and give me feedback in May 2009.

By the way, the other European club I support is the La Liga champion Real Madrid FC, the 'Galacticos'.

Finally, my local childhood club is Mighty Mufulira Wanderers Football Club. This literary translates to me being a proud supporter of my Zambia National Soccer Team, the Chipolopolo Boys. Till death do us part.

No comments: